Saturday, September 6, 2008

That clinking clanking sound

I’ve been listening to the soundtrack to the 1972 television concert “Liza with a Z." So I was thrilled to find this little coin purse (cost: 25 cents) that so clearly echoes the lyrics to one of Cabaret’s most memorable songs.

Okay, it’s a coincidence, but still cute.


It needed a little care, and perhaps still could use a leather conditioner, but was a nice find after a treasure hunting dry spell. I’ve had the worst luck since the Uniontown raid. Intended to be a coin purse, it might find a more perfect use as a mini clutch. After testing, I discovered that it perfectly fits my cell phone, ID, debit card and a tube of Bert’s Bees balm.

Kander and Ebb are right: money makes the world go around. But in the case of this post, that amount was a mere 25 cents.

No comments: